Automotive Computer Vision Researcher
As a researcher at Algolux, you have expertise and the ability to make novel research contributions in computer vision, imaging and machine learning.
You will be a key part of a team that is building breakthrough end-to-end perception stacks for autonomous vehicles. We are looking for candidates that are motivated to solve key imaging and computer vision problems that will enable robust robotics and sensing in adverse scenarios in the wild. The technology developed at Algolux is deployed at scale in vehicles and camera solutions.
We believe at interdisciplinary research at Algolux and candidates will be working with a diverse team of imaging, computer vision, optimization, physics, and optics experts. As part of this team we expect novel ideas to be published in major publications from time to time.
- Develop and evaluate deep learning models in the wild.
- Don't be satistified with solving toy problems. Solve the real problem in the wild.
- Build compelling demos and illustrative results.
- Work closely with an established engineering team
- Ph.D. or Masters in computer science or engineering, in areas related to computational imaging, machine learning, computer vision.
- Experience in Automotive Computer Vision systems
- Track record of relevant publications in top-tier conferences and journals (ICCV, CVPR, ICML, SIGGRAPH, NIPS, etc.) and/or significant industry experience working as a member of a camera/vision research team.
- Experience with Deep Learning frameworks, model architecture design, training methodologies, and data management.
- Experience with digital camera systems (sensors and ISPs).
- Python programming.
- Tensorflow programming
- Knowledge of cloud-based and GPU heterogeneous compute platforms.
- Agile development with Git, Bitbucket, pull requests, etc.
What can we offer you? Algolux is a tight-knit, collaborative group of individuals from all over the world who are united by a common interest in applying AI to solve big problems in computer vision. On this diverse team, you will be introduced to new perspectives and will acquire knowledge and experience you wouldn’t necessarily gain elsewhere. We also encourage professional development by supporting participation in continuing education, technical conferences, and open source projects. We value individuals who like to push the science, but also have the right attitude and mentality to work on a software version cycle. A unique mix that is critical to scaling up our company.
At Algolux, we offer equity options for our employees so that as the company continues to succeed, so will you. We are currently partnering with major component manufacturers like Intel, Qualcomm, and ARM, as well as major automotive manufacturers, to drive the technology behind the introduction of driver-less vehicles. In fact, Algolux Named AutoSens Awards 2018 Winner for "Software Innovation" and as the “Most Exciting Startup” at AutoSens 2017 - the world’s leading technical summit for ADAS and autonomous vehicle perception technology.
The Algolux office is an inspiring modern work-space situated in the heart of the trendy district of Pointe Sainte Charles, near downtown Montreal. Our open office environment encourages communication, teamwork, and a culture of mutual trust and respect. We work hard, but we don't take ourselves too seriously either and we always make room for fun along the way.